Friday, January 23, 2004

Skating Along

I did take the kids ice skating today. They had so much fun! Vincent was intruiged by all of the kids on the ice, so he happily hung out in the sling while I walked around on the ice with Isabella. Abigail had a few good spills and some nervous moments, but before we left she was going around without the walker thing. Isabella wouldd stand alone or hold on to me for a few feet. She had a death grip on the little ice walker, but really enjoyed herself. They skated for almost two hours and can't wait to go again.

We had a new family come to playgroup yesterday. They are new to the area, homeschooling and got my number from the children's librarian (I've given her permission to give it out). The mom had found the other HSing group in town, but they weren't what she's looking for. She's fits in very nicely with the rest of us at playgroup (unschooler, natural foods, no vaxing, breastfeeder, etc), and I hope she'll come back.

Off to clean up my house. I forgot to buy Pledge again this week. By the time I actually buy it and do the dusting, I think you'll be able to cut the dust with a knife at my house. Ugh.

No comments: