Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Keep your fingers crossed!

I have a buyer for Sweet Pea's, and I should be receiving a cashier's check for the full amount the second week of February. Please, please, please, please, please do not let this sale fall through! I'm going to start boxing things up today so that I can get her a shipping estimate for the inventory.

I'm finally doing something I've wanted to do for couple of years. I'm starting a secular homeschooling group in our community. There's an extremely christian group here, and while many of the women are wonderful, the group is not for us because a) we aren't christian, b) their gathering usually aren't our style and c) most of the regulars are very curriculum orientated homeschoolers. So, on the assumption that there are more people like us in Green County and they just can't find us because there is no formal gathering or group for homeschoolers like us near here, I'm going for it. My friend Lisa was talking with a mutual f riend in Madison (Jen, for those of you who know her), and Jen mentioned the group she's a part of and how they are willing to create branch groups. I spoke with Jen yesterday, and the group sounds really great, a good fit for our style and the style of group I wish to create here. So, next week I'm off to a planning meeting potluck for that group to find out more. I'm very excited about this.

A couple of weeks ago, I finally found a tupperware consultant locally so that I could exchange my broken tupperware. Not a moment too soon either! I found out that my favorite modular mate spice containers had just been discontinued, and I really need more. She was able to find another consultant who had some and get a small set for me as replacement for some of the tupperware that they couldn't replace with the exact same item. I just won a large set off ebay yesterday at a reasonable price (with shipping it was 50 cents more than I'd pay for it from tupperware). Now that they are discontinued, the prices some sets are going for on ebay is absurd. Now if only I could find a carousel cheap. I'd like 1-2 more sets of the spice containers too, but I'll just keep watching ebay for more reasonably priced sets. I'm not going to pay $5-10+ over retail for these things!

Abigail has completed the entire first section (A) of the Miquon Math orange book. She's eagerly awaiting beginning the next section, which we will start as soon as I get off this computer this morning. It's art day here, both girls have art class today too. I've got to clean up the house, DUST (I have pledge, woohoo!), finish laundry, clean the toy room and box up orders today too.

No comments: