Saturday, January 10, 2004

Banging away

Last night we went to a Community Drumming Circle down in Freeport. They have these once a month at a park down there. We weren't sure what to expect, but thought it could be fun. Some friends went with us, and we saw a number of people from the homeschool group we are a part of there. It was in a park building with a nice fire going. The people facillitating brough lots of drums, some shakers and a few other percussion instruments for those of us who didn't have drums. It was wonderful, very calming. Essentially, we sat and banged away for nearly two hours. The men leading it did only very minor direction. The kids really enjoyed themselves too. I hope we can make the next one.

On the topic of banging, I also feel like I'm banging my head against a wall trying to get things done around here. I'm working on developing a new routine, and change is hard.

No comments: