Sunday, January 04, 2004

Mama's Turn

Now that Abigail and Isabella are better, it's my turn to be sick. I felt a sore throat coming on last night, so I started with the garlic. I tried taking it in honey instead of with my usual orange juice last night. That is definately easier. I'm achy and sore today, but not as sick the girls were. Vincent is still phlemy and coughing, but slept much better last night. We were going to go to Madison today, but I'm not sure I want to if Vincent and I aren't feeling great. Maybe next week.

My sister has moved in. The kids are loving it, and we are working to help them remember that Amy needs her time occasionally, and if her door is closed, they don't bother her. It's fun having her around.

I'm thinking of getting Miquon Math to use with the kids. An acquaintance let me borrow her Miquon materials to look at, and I think it would fit our style nicely. Most of the time, Abigail prefers to do word problems that I make up on the spot (CGI math problems, she's doing double digit addition and subtraction and simple multiplication and division all with manipulatives). However, occasionally she wants something different, and I think Miquon would be good.

The local HS group is starting a 4-H chapter. Abigail really wants to join, so we're putting her in that. She is also taking homeschool art again this spring, thanks to my mom giving Abigail her birthday present early. Isabella also received a session of preschool art at the same studio for her birthday, so she's thrilled. Both start next week, on the same day of the week, but 5 hours apart. Thank goodness the studio is only a few blocks away, or that would be annoying!

No comments: