Saturday, January 03, 2004

Finally!

I read The DaVinci Code yesterday. Wow. I've had it sitting on my bookshelf since Thanksgiving, but promised myself I wouldn't read it until the holidays were over. It's been tempting me for so long! Yesterday morning I picked it up, and I finished it last night. What a fabulous book. If you haven't read it yet, do so! I wasn't sure I'd like it, given the emphasis on the Catholic Church in the review, but I went with my gut and got it anyways. I'm going to have to look for other books by that author.

We also saw Pirates of the Carribean recently. Loved it too. I didn't expect to like it, so it was a nice surprise. I definately want to buy that sometime. I heard lots of talk about Orlando Bloom, but gimme Johnny Depp any day. He completely made the move, imo.

Abigail and Vincent are sick. Vincent has nursed non-stop for the last three nights, so I am beat. Last night he alternated constant nursing with screaming fits, poor baby. I hope he starts feeling better soon.

Luis ended up not having to work on New Year's Day after all, so we did go out to our friends. Fabulous evening. Lisa and John always have an interesting mix of people out there, and this was no exception. Fondue, yummy desserts , fireworks, bonfire, great conversation. I'm so glad we were able to go. We went back the next morning for a New Oleans brunch, and had another great time.

Lisa and I are starting a babysitting exchange. Every other Monday she'll come here and watch the kids for two hours while I get some work done, then the alternate Tuesday she'll drop off her son while she goes to meetings, runs errands and/or works out.

No comments: