Friday, January 09, 2004

Knitting away

I was working on Luis' fingerless gloves last night, when he suddenly told me that he really doesn't want them anymore. After making sure he was certain, the gloves were frogged. I was only on the third finger when he told me this, so it wasn't like I was finishing up, but I certainly wasn't going to keep on knitting gloves if he doesn't want them. I'll make him some more socks from the yarn instead. Hmmm, wait I don't think there is enough for his feet, so I guess the socks will have to be for me. Oh Darn. :D

I zipped through my fuzzy simply scarf. I had made one from this yarn for my sister's birthday, and wanted one for myself. I had bought two extra balls of yarn to make scarves for the gift stash, but when looking at the scarf, I realized that if I made it a bit shorter, I could make myself a fuzzy hat to go with it. I'd bought each ball in a different color, but I decided that I could make the hat in the Leaf Green and stick in some Plum stripes to coordinate it with the scarf. The scarf is still long enough to go to my waist if I only drape it once, and I think the bright green and plum hat will be really fun.

I checked out Sitch'n'Bitch ftom the library yesterday (my fines are down to only $7.35 LOL). I must make the Pinup Queen sweater for myself. I've been lusting after the Pinup Girl sweater in the Spring '02 issue of Interweave Knits, but have been too chicken to make that for my size 12 body. The Pinup Queen is similar, but not quite as fitted, carved and detailed. I want it!

No comments: