Friday, July 25, 2008

Randomness on a Friday evening:

~ Hot fudge sauce should not be so easy to make. I am tempted to eat far too much of it when I know I can have a batch made in a mere 5 minutes.

~ Surely I cannot be the only person who seems incapable of reading those verification words that are all over nowadays thanks to smart bots crawling the net? It always takes me two or three tries to get the ones on yahoo because they run the words through a fun house mirror before posting them.

~ I vow to be really, really nice to my sister in order to get some fresh Michigan blueberries when she travels there.

~ Summer cooking is not my thing. I am a definite fall and winter cook. I look forward to hearty soups and pasta dishes again in a few months. The only shining star of summer for me is bruschetta. As the tomatoes grow even larger, I am counting the days until I can make this again.

~ iGoogle is da bomb, so handy for keeping links and newsfeeds right there. I love my iGoogle home page. I hadn't checked out themes for a few months and wow, are there lots of new ones! Pages and pages of themes that were not there last time I looked. My iGoogle is so pretty now.

~ I am knitting a chullo for Abigail for winter with some Cascade 220 Quattro in a variegated orange I picked up with Joan and Lisa recently. I made it slightly pointy on purpose, and the thing looks like a traffic cone. Seriously. The only thing that saves it is the natural stripes I put in. Abigail loves it, but we have already started calling it the traffic cone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is a chullo a hat? -Amy

Brenda said...

Yep, like the ones I made for Simon and Xander, only I made Abigail's pointier.