Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Vincent is Luis reborn. Luis has a knack for doing anything after just watching it. Vincent inherited it. Vincent also has problem solving skills beyond the normal scope of a four year old.

He started putting up our pop-up camper today. Correctly. If I had come out five minutes later, I have no doubt I would have seen the top raised all the way and the bed partially out. He had to open up the door to get out the crank necessary to put it up. That door was locked, and the only key was with Luis all day. How does a four year old pick a lock?

After putting the camper back to rights, I noticed the garage door was open. It's an old fashioned one without an opener, but he's been able to open it since he was 3. The air pump was out and correctly attached to the fully inflated wheel of his bicycle.

He had been outside alone for a total of 10 minutes.

Can you imagine what he could do in a half an hour?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Brenda, I'm so enjoying reading your blog. In fact, I stayed up WAY too late a few nights back reading every entry from its conception. I love the written word too, and used to write every day. You just might be inspiring me to pick up my pen again. And that photo of the kids' feet - it's so precious. We must be on the same wave-length these days because I've been planning the same photo for about two weeks and just haven't gotten to it. Props to you mama. I look forward to reading.