Saturday, May 26, 2007

Quick update on the last 18 months in case anyone is actually out there reading this. Life has changed a lot

Came back from sister's wedding in Mexico. Fabulous trip. The kids still ask weekly when we can go back.

Clearance sale for Peanut Butter Kisses about two weeks later. It was a quick decision that I'd been mulling over for a while.

About three weeks after deciding to shut down PBK, I decided to get my real estate sales license. Signed up for the class online and studied like crazy for three weeks. Took my test, passed on the first try and joined a local firm two blocks away from my home. I love working as a realtor! It's got all the flexibility I need, and with a cell phone and internet connection, I can do much of my work from anywhere.

Fast forward to summer '06. Decided to try for a fourth baby. Baby was conceived and I had a great pregnancy. I stayed active and watched what I ate, gaining only 20 lbs. Since I started off the pregnancy with extra weight, I wanted to limit my gain to 15-25 lbs.

January '07. Luis is laid off from construction for 1-6 weeks according to his company. We impulsively (long story) take up the carpet in our upstairs hall, living room and sitting room. Luis refinishes the hardwood floors. They look fabulous.

He finishes that and takes his real estate sales course. He passes his test and joins my firm. The construction company extends the layoff to 8 weeks, then 10. He's not going back.

March '07. Simon is born on Abigail's birthday. It was a wonderful, intense homebirth. Simon is amazing and we are so happy to have him with us. Our family is now complete in my opinion.

No comments: