Thursday, May 31, 2007

I feel old tonight.

Tomorrow we are attending a high school graduation party of a terrific young man. I first met Cody when he was a week old and his parents were talking with mine about purchasing some land from us. How can he be graduating high school already? Wasn't it just last year that he was insisting on wearing his Elmo shirt two days in a row? Surely it was just last summer that I would babysit, and Cody and I would take walks on the pea graveled county road with his younger sister, stepping into the long grass every time a car went by.

Thirty three doesn't seem very old most days, but when I look back at all the years that have flown by since I first met that wiggly little baby who is now a gracious young man, I feel old.

What will I feel like when it is my own children who are on the cusp of adulthood?

No comments: