Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday Randomness

Rambling today:

~ China has better fuel efficiency standards for their cars than we do. They banned plastic bags. Why can't we?

~ Starting broccoli seeds this weekend. Only a week late.

~ I made a fantastic sweet and sour pork this week with pork from my friend Paula at Caulpris Farms. They are local, keep their pigs on dirt, and raise a very tasty animal.

~ I am starting to see the appeal of texting.

~ I am signed up for an event in March that I really do not want to go to. It cost $45 and I do not think I can get a refund.

~ *fingers crossed* That is all I'm going to say about that one. Just cross your for me today too, okay?

~ Has anyone else taken the volunteering challenge for 2009? I am putting in about 12-15 hours a month in volunteer services divided amongst four different organizations, and it is so invigorating.

No comments: