Friday, February 13, 2009

May this continue

I hesitate to say anything lest I jinx things, but what a good week overall. There were some issues with children fighting (especially those middle two, oiy), but homeschooling has been a breeze, buyers are starting to bite a little, we had a taste of early spring, and I found the motivation to step on the Nordic Track again.

Of course the double chocolate scones with pecans that I made yesterday probably negated the Nordic Track usage, but I am remebering that I have muscles in my stomach again.

I have noticed something interesting about those double chocolate scones. I tend to forget about them until I feel a need to bake something without having planned ahead. Sometimes, I just need to bake now. Now. Double chocolate scones use cold butter, and no melting and cooling of chocolate is necessary. They are just tricky enough to make me feel skilled. They have to be worked just enough to incorporate the dry ingredients properly, but overworking the dough takes away their tenderness. A tender, properly worked scone is a gift from the gods.

I do hope a good weekend follows this good week. It would be even nicer to have the schoolwork trend continue, but I know there will be cycles on that front, so I will just take it when I can get it.

2 comments:

Lisa & John said...

Hey can you pass along that recipe when you get a chance? Or post? Yum! =) Lisa

Chantele said...

yeah you can't just post that with no recipe!