Friday, October 03, 2008

Randomness

Friday afternoon randomness:

~ When a man is wearing a shirt and tie, he needs to leave the baseball cap at home. There are many types of hats; pick something more appropriate please.

~ The E button on my keyboard is not working well today, and it is driving me bonkers.

~ I love the fact that if there is something on TV that I really, really want to see (like last night's debate), I can find it online now. That is one of the best internet advances of the last few years. I do like listening to the Daily Show while working out. Jon Stewart is da bomb.

~ Speaking of working out, I want to join the Y again. Simon is older, and I could leave him with Luis to go workout. I love using the Precor there and zoning out for 30 minutes. I can use the Nordic Track at home, but then I worry about bonking Simon with it while he walks around. If I try to workout while he naps, it is guaranteed that he will wake up 15 minutes into it.

~ I want a fountain pen again. I had one in college that I loved, but misplaced it my junior year and never replaced it. I do like the way the ink flows on paper when writing with a fountain pen, so contemplative.

~ Do not buy Hershey's anymore. They are no longer putting cocoa butter in their chocolate, turning it from milk chocolate to simply chocolate candy. Inferior product. Stupid idea.

~ So, I watched the debate. Loved Biden. Was happy Palin did not have any gaffes. It was an interesting performance by both of them. Would someone please tell her to lay off the folksy shtick, though? Gotcha, betcha, winking at the camera. These are inappropriate for the national political arena. Cut the crap and tell me what you believe, Palin. I believe there is a fairly good politician under all of that acting, so please let her out. Also, oh boy, you could tell when Biden was annoyed. That giant smile and all the scratching his neck. I wanted to tell him to stop fidgeting.

~ Coco Lopez is bleeping addictive. A spoonful into my cafe con leche is so very good. Too bad it probably has like 500 calories per tablespoon. I swear I could eat the entire can.

No comments: