Thursday, October 09, 2008

Never too big

No matter how big our children grow, they really never change. They are always our babies.

Vincent was sick yesterday. He woke with a bad headache and by mid-afternoon was full out sick. I spent more time holding him and cuddling yesterday than he had let me do all summer long. Just like his toddler self, all he wanted to do was lay on top of me. He is better today, so I am settling for quick hugs and his fishy lipped kisses, but I know my snuggly little boy is still there.

As for Abigail, my great big girl is thrilled to bits by her new footie pajamas. At the moment, my youngest and oldest are laying here in fleece footie jammies, and it warms my heart. Closing my eyes, I can still see the toddler she was nine years ago, snuggled up asleep in the red jammies with navy stars her brother now wears as he sleeps next to her. Nine years from now, will he wear the green jammies with St Bernards on them?

No comments: