Monday, June 02, 2008

Her name is Roxy and she just happened to follow me home (after I put her in the back of the van...).

Isn't she pretty?

The children and I will be tooling around town this summer on wheels of the self-propelled kind. It is a quick ride down to the park where the girls play softball, and less than a ten minute ride to the park where the swimming pool is and where Vincent will have Little League. I bought a trail pass, and we discovered how easy it is to get to the grocery store or produce store by hopping on the bike trail. I still have to work with Vincent a little on bicycle safety, but he is getting the hang of riding on the road with the rest of us.

Simon enjoys the bike trailer, but I do have my eye on an iBert front carrier for him. Won't the mint green go so well with my sherbet pink Roxy? For trail rides of a longer variety, we want to pick up a trail-a-bike for Luis' bike. Vincent wears out more quickly that the rest of us, and I would rather not pull both boys in the trailer.

Yesterday, the children and I went on a ride to the car wash to say hello to Luis who was down there. Thanks to the nice low center bar on Roxy, I did not even have to change out of my summer skirt to ride down there. I felt so June Cleaver-ish!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so cute!
-Amy