Tuesday, August 02, 2005

So I heard on NPR today that studies have shown that Echinacea does not work to prevent colds. They interviewed some doctors about these studies and all the doctors were saying how some people will still take Echinacea because they have given themselves the mental illusion of Echinacea working. The medical professionals were extremely condescending. Before I will believe three scientific studies over centuries of folk wisdom, I want to know what form of Echinacea the subjects were given and a few more details about the studies. Excuse me for not ditching my herbals in favor of allopathic meds just because a scientific study says I should.

Abigail has been at my ILs since Sunday. We were in there for dinner and I asked her if she'd like to spend the night. She did and asked MIL, who of course was thrilled. Luis and I told her if she wanted to spend a second night, she could. She called yesterday and asked to spend a second night. They went to the zoo and out to eat yesterday, and I'm sure she has been having a great time. Luis is picking her up after work today. I told her last night that if she wanted to spend a third night, just let me know, but she didn't.

We have a set of stores in southwestern WI called Bargin Nook. They are a charity store, but the interesting thing about them is that Lands' End donates their unsellable stuff there. Things that have been returned, maybe things that have small tears or monograms. Old catalog lines or items from the outlets that haven't sold. Things like that. I stopped by the closest one yesterday looking for a winter coat for Isabella and some backpacks. The big LE warehouse sale is this week, and these were the main things the kids needed. I figured if I could get them at the Bargin Nook 20 minutes away, I wouldn't have to drive an hour to the warehouse sale. I found Isabella a Squall Parka, a backpack for each girl, a shirt for Abigail and a pair of water shoes for Vincent. Every thing was LE; everything was in perfect condition. The grand total? $29. Woohoo! I adore bargins like that. The kids still need some snow pants, but I'm not driving all the way to Dodgeville just for these.

BTW, I have no idea why there is this huge blank gap under my last post lately. I haven't changed my template or anything. It's really strange and bugging the beejeeebees out of me.

No comments: