Sunday, July 24, 2005

It was a hot one here today. The temps were in the upper 90s easily. We spent the day at the lake of a nearby state park with friends. It was a glorious day to be at the lake. The wind is always zippy up there, and the water felt wonderful. We played for hours, and Abigial discovered the joy of being tossed up into the air by the papas, then splashing down into the water. Unfortunately I wasn't as vigilant with the sunscreen as I thought I was, and I'm paying the price. My back is rosy and my shoulders are a bit sensitive. I did better on the kids thankfully; Vincent is fine and Abigail and Isabella only have rosy cheeks.

I'm still plugging away on the stole for my sister. There are about 6 weeks until the wedding, and I have about 125 rows to go. If I do about 8 rows a day, I can have it done in less than 3 weeks. Lace is not very fun, nor is knitting alpaca in the heat of summer. I wish I'd been more diligent last spring!

I just finished a very interesting book. It was called Braving Home, and it is about people whose homes are in tenous or unusual places, but who like it there and have no desire to leave. It was fascinating and many parts of it resonated deeply with me.

No comments: