Monday, August 29, 2005

I've finally clarified my thoughts on having a fourth child. I want another child. I do feel that there is another member of our family that should be here. I do not want another baby. I have no desire to be pregnant again, give birth again, breastfeed for another 3 years, change diapers for another 2 years. I'm enjoying being at a different stage of life, one where we can drop all the kids of with grandparents for all afternoon while Luis and I go off by ourselves, one where I can work on the computer or sew for an hour without having to supervise a toddler closely, one where I know that I'm on the tail end of my breastfeeding career.

Unfortunately, you can't get a child without a baby unless you adopt, which is something we've never felt called to do and is something I doubt we'd do.

So, even though I've clarified my thoughts, and after discussing it depth with Luis found out he feels similarly, we are no closer to deciding if we should try for number 4 than we were last spring.

No comments: