Saturday, April 04, 2009

Run along now

I was not thrilled to wake up this morning to another layer of white covering the ground. Most of it has already melted off, but still, the mere fact that it was here means spring is still being held at bay by winter.

I am so ready for little sprouts poking through the earth. I am ready to play in the gardens, plant veggies for the year, harvest some rhubarb. I want asparagus, spinach and spring greens.

Winter, you run along now. We will see you again in six or seven months.

First a howling blizzard woke us,
Then the rain came down to soak us,
And now before the eye can focus -
Crocus.

~Lilja Rogers

2 comments:

Homestead Wool & Gift Farm said...

thank you for posting on our blog! I love the pictures you have posted- specially the feet! Will definitely keep in touch with your blog! San & the sheeps

Brenda said...

Thanks for stopping by, Sandy! The photo of the feet is my favorite one ever of my kids.