Thursday, February 21, 2008

If you are a parent, go listen to this now. Do not just read the article. Listen to the full story. Go ahead, it is less than 8 minutes long and it is important.

Old Fashioned Play Builds Serious Skills

I have always believed in giving the children free time to just be. It shows in their imagination and their play. I know that I am not just making this up as their mother; I have heard it over and over from other adults in our lives. I have also believed in limited screen time for kids and in not inundating the children with toys. It is nice to have my "wacky" beliefs validated.

The choices we make for our kids today influence the choices they will make and the skills they will have tomorrow. I firmly believe that the skills I see them developing in their free play will make a huge difference in their adult lives.

No comments: