Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I've had extra weight hanging around for quite a while now. Okay, since Abigail was born. It was never enough to get me motivated to do anything about it. I put on another 10 lbs last fall and winter and that was it. I started working out and watching my portion size, caloric intake and fat calories in February. I've lost 19 lbs so far. Woohoo! I have another 20 I want to lose. I have been doing Nordic Track for 45-50 minutes a day (30 in the a.m., 15-20 in the p.m.) and a Pilates intermediate workout in addition to my normal walking everywhere, gardening, etc. To be honest, I'm really enjoying the exercise and the stength I'm feeling in my stomach muscles. I've never had a strong abdomen, so this is really cool. I was wearing a size 12 (honestly though, they were tight), and now I can easily fit into size 10. The one pair of skinny size 12 pants I didn't wear all winter because they looked awful one me? I can now pull them off without unbuttoning them!

We joined the Y this weekend, something for all of us. The kids can do their programs at a *much* lower cost if we are members. Around here, the Y is the only real place for soccer, gymnastics, swimming lessons year 'round, etc. They also offer homeschool swimming and a homeschool gymnastics during the day time, instead of having everything in the evening hours. Abigail has mentioned many times that she'd like to take gymnastics, and Isabella would really like to try soccer in the fall. I'm excited about their fitness center. It's newly remodeled and pretty nice for a town this size. The Precore (sp?) machine is too fun. I've been doing 35 minutes on that the last few days and enjoying it a lot. I have also been trying to figure out exercises for my triceps (getting those saggy mom arms, ugh), so the tricep machine is too cool. Luis is thrilled to have a place to swim laps all year, and he really likes to do free weights. So, even though it's $50 a month, we'll definately get our money out it.

No comments: